Who am I?
Abdullah Miniawy is 26 years old, Egyptian artist mainly known as a writer, chanter, composer & an actor who performed around the world with great names notably headed by Erik Truffaz, Kamilya Jubran, Yom , Médéric Collignon , Aly Talibab and more, and performed in many prestigious festivals such as [festival d’Avignon E72] beside many other well known theaters & venues such as the national scene in France.
Beside his professional music career, Abdullah passion to cinema was clear in his service for the principal role of Tlamess by Alaadine Slim which was premiered in festival de [Cannes 72] and the claimer of best award in [KINO DER KUNST E20]. Best director award from [Festival International du Film de Marrakech]. Later on, he was shortlisted in best actor race by [ACC 20].
Beside his work in art, the artist has been involved politically since the Arab spring as his poetry was sprayed all around the region notably headed by Yarmouk, Camp in Syria, Tunisia & others countries.
As a change maker, the artist was chosen by the European parliament in Strasbourg as one of three speakers based in Schengen for [EYE20/Live fully] to present France/Egypt & himself to give a speech about today's crucial challenges & to give a motivational speech.
His album Darraje with the Munich based trio Carl-Gari was selected by the remarkable American NPR as one of best albums of 2016. His vital projects are currently an interesting approach that evokes new wave & style concerning fusion & musicology that was underlined in biennale Venice 2019 in one column.
Vital projects : Le Cri du Caire & Erik Truffaz; A contemporary jazz trio based in Paris, France. Abdullah Miniawy x Carl-Gari; an experimental electronic trio based in Munich, Germany. Abdullah Miniawy & HVAD; a superb electronic duo which focuses on sampling & theatrical storytelling. Abdullah Miniawy & Simo Cell; an electronic duo that focuses on EDM.
Scores : Miniawy composed many sound tracks for different films headed by cabaret crusade III by Wael Shawki, One week two days by Marwa Zein, WOW by Neta Norrmo, and also for dance pieces & theater performances like AMDUAT by hotel pro forma in a collaboration with Hvad, Shadow of a fish by Hend El Balouty & many others .
- 19th January 2021 - Théâtre Paul Eluard, Bezons (95) / with Erik
- 20 to 22th January 2021 - Confort Moderne, Poitiers / Residence with Simo
- 23rd January 2021 - Festival Vagamondes, Mulhouse (68)
- 30th January 2021 - Confort Moderne, Poitiers / Live with Simo
- 6th February - Constantine - Le Grand Orchestre du Tricot - Nanterre
- 14th February 2021 - Constantine - Le Grand Orchestre du Tricot
- 8-11 April 2021 - Festival Rewire 2021 on
- 16th April 2021 - Festival Mélanges Improbables, Langres (52) / trio
- 08th May 2021 - Lieu Unique, Nantes (44) / Live with HVAD
- 13th May 2021 - Jazz dans le Bocage, Rocles (03) / trio + Erik
- 20th May 2021 - Agora, Boulazac (24) / trio + Erik
- End May 2021 - Institut des Cultures d’Islam, Paris / trio
- 4th June 2021 - Copenhagen / Live with HVAD
- 2 or 9 July 2021 - Paris Jazz Festival, Parc Floral / trio + Erik ou Médéric
- 21th July 2021 - Festival Musique au Présent, Narbonne (11) / trio
- 7 August 2020 Abdullah Miniawy & Carlgari //IMPORT EXPORT
- 17-22 August 2020 Abdullah Miniawy & HVAD, Copenhagen// CLICK FESTIVAL
- 23-27 August 2020 Abdullah Miniawy & YOM, Paris/ Maison de la Musique de Nanterre
- 15th September 2020 Le Cri Du Caire, Corsica
- 24-26 September 2020 Abdullah Miniawy & Simo Cell, Nantes
- 2nd October 2020 - Le Quai, Angers (49) / Le cri du caire
- 7 October 2020 - Le Consulat, Paris 2020
- 9 October 2020 Abdullah Miniawy & Simo Cell
- 23rd October 2020 Abdullah Miniawy & Simo Cell
- 13 November 2020 Abdullah Miniawy & Simo Cell
- 6 November 2020 Le Cri Du Caire
- 21 November 2020 Le Cri Du Caire
- 28 November 2020 Abdullah Miniawy x Peter Corser
- Darraje best albums of the year NPR 2016.. more
- ‘if you’re looking for a discovery this year he’s Abdullah Miniawy ‘ telerama 2018
- Best deep listening tracks of the year Resident Advisor 2019.. more
- The show was born in a particular moment of my existence Le Telegramme 2019
- Abdullah Miniawy artist Chameleon RFI 2019 .. more
- ‘The Act of Falling From the 8th Floor is a gripping soundtrack to the inner despair not only of Egyptians, but anyone feeling bereft of hope in the modern world—a sound that keeps growing louder’ Pitch fork 2019.. more
- Far from being some ‘cultural exchange’ or anything as painfully Graceland-ian as that, The Act Of Falling From The 8th Floor is a collaboration that taps into a universally vital sense of personal fear. The quietus 2020. more
- Album of the year 2019 the quietus.. more
- The record is a meditative and provoking listen focused around a poem where Abdullah is the protagonist, jumping from the 8th floor of a building in Cairo. While falling he describes what he sees, painting a dark picture of Egyptian society. Venice Biennale 2019
- Shortlisted in 'Best Actor Award' nomination for the principal role of Tlamess ACC 2020.. more